Linksys Support by Experts
Known as a popular US-based firm, Linksys is involved in selling data networking hardware products to both home users as well as small businesses. In 1988, the company was established by Victor Tsao and Janie Tsao. The primary aim of the company is to make quality products, due to which their brand develops positive growth across the world. It is known to provide reliable as well as advanced products such as routers. Linksys router setup is one of the most common queries of customers. Thus, you must know how to setup a Linksys router. These routers are found to be fantastic when it comes to performance, connectivity, and reliability.
Linksys routers strive to make wireless connectivity mainstream worldwide. Most users prefer Linksys as it helps them in connecting multiple systems to a single network. When connected with home users, an individual can utilize a laptop while another can use a laptop. This is why Linksys routers are preferred by users. You can also set up Linksys router as the company offers a variety of wireless routers based on customer choice. You must buy the router on the basis of the model that suits you the most. The Linksys router setup service has been observed to be an effective support service that can allow access to a network.
All models of Linksys routers come with their own amazing features. However, you may still find challenges in operating the device. We understand the fact that not all users are good with technology. Therefore, this troubleshooting guide is an attempt to make your life easier. There are solutions for the most common Linksys queries. They can be applied by users, and all their issues will be resolved.
If you are not able to apply the steps mentioned in this guide, you also have the option to contact the number given on this page. It is going to connect you with an independent third-party Linksys routers support executive who will help you in solving your Linksys routers problems. This number has been offered to support users to easily reach third-party support. The independent third-party executives are extremely customer-oriented and talented. They are going to assist you in case of router concerns via the number given on this web page.
How to Setup Linksys Router >> Linksys Wireless Routers Setup Help
If users want to enjoy network connectivity for their offices or homes so as to use the Internet, they are required to select wireless routers that have the ability to carry and control the network encryption. This is where Linksys routers offer help. They are highly reliable and can maintain Internet speed. These routers are known to offer an advanced experience to their customers. You should understand how to setup a Linksys router as it allows Internet access so that you can avail yourself flawless WiFi anywhere. To set up Linksys routers, users must know their model numbers. This is important because every model of the router comes with its own setup process. Thus, check your model number before you start with the Linksys wireless routers setup process. This section is going to show how to setup Linksys routers based on their model.
How to Setup Linksys WRT54g?
With the help of this section and its mentioned steps, users will be able to set up a Linksys router. The model number of this router is WRT54g. The first step is to connect all the cables to the router. Then, you are required to configure Linksys routers and then WiFi. Use the Linksys wireless router setup process mentioned in this section. You will also be able to configure Linksys routers.
How to set up Hardware?
- Make use of the Ethernet cable or the DSL modem for connecting it to the Internet port of your router.
- The next step is to connect the computer to the Internet port.
- Connect the WRT54g router to the power source. Let the computer start, and then turn the router on.
How to set up WiFi?
- Open any web browser on your system
- Input this address ‘192.168.1.1’ and hit Enter
- Linksys setup pages will appear.
- Then, input ‘admin’ in the field for username and password.
- Hit ‘log-in.’
- From the ‘routers’ setup’ interface, go with the ‘Wireless’ tab.
- Provide a name to the network, which will be visible to all.
- You can go with the default settings for the rest of the options.
- Hit Save
- Next, hit Continue
- Go to the ‘wireless security’ tab
- Choose WPA2 as the security mode
- Choose a password of eight characters. You can input in the option of Passphrase or the ‘WPA shared key’
- The last step is to hit the option of ‘save settings’ for accessing the Internet via the WRT54g router.
How to set up Linksys E1200?
This model of Linksys router can be set up in just a few minutes. You need to use the following steps and you are set to go. Connect to the WiFi network easily.
- The first step is to swtich the E1200 router on.
- You need to plug the wire into the power source.
- Connect your router to the modem with the help of the cable.
- Open any web browser
- You need to input ‘192.168.1.1’ and visit the site.
- Choose the option of ‘setup’.
- Hit the option of ‘basic setup’.
- Next, you need to input the DNS resolvers.
- Input the following settings in their respective fields:
- In the case of DNS 1 resolver, you need to input ‘220.127.116.11’ when it comes to ‘Static DNS 1’.
- In the case of DNS 2 resolver, you are required to input ‘18.104.22.168’ when it comes to ‘Static DNS 2’.
- In the case of DNS 2 resolver, you are required to input ‘22.214.171.124’ when it comes to ‘static DNS 3’.
- In case the users face issues with network devices, they can enter ‘.home’ in the field of ‘domain name’.
- All the remaining options can left ‘default.’
- The last step is to save all the settings by choosing the option of ‘save settings’. This is the full procedure to set up the E1200 router.
How to set up EA3500?
It has been seen that EA3500 is amongst the most famous routers of Linksys. This is mainly because of the fact that its transfer rate has been noticed to be around ‘300 +450 Mbps’ for connecting the device. In addition to this, it has two wireless N networks. One of them is 5 GHz radio bandwidth, while the other is observed to be the 2.4GHz band. This section is going to offer all the details related to the EA3500 router. Also, you will be able to learn how to set up Linksys router. It is quite possible that its setup process is similar to the other routers of the company.
- The first step is connecting the computer to the modem with the help of an Ethernet wire.
- Then, you need to access Linksys setup pages.
- You can use the following IP address ‘192.168.1.1’.
- Then, set internet connectivity based on the service provider.
- Configure the wireless network by selecting the password, address and the SSID name. With the help of these steps, you can easily set up the EA3500 router.
If you are not able to apply the steps mentioned in this guide, you also have the option to contact the number given on this page. It is going to connect you with an independent third-party Linksys routers support executive who will help you in solving your Linksys routers problems.
All about Linksys Smart WiFi Setup
Linksys routers configuration is also possible with the help of Linksys smart WiFi setup. Linksys WiFi setup comes with the firmware by default. For this purpose, use these steps:
- Make sure that the antennas are connected properly
- Connect the router to some power source
- In case there is a power button on the router, keep it On.
- The power light must remain solid.
- The next step is to connect the modem to the Internet port with the help of the Ethernet cable.
- Make a connection to the WiFi.
- Login credentials are indicated on the router itself. You can also get them from the Quick Start Guide.
- Opne any browser and go to http://linksyssmartwifi.com
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Then, hit Next
- You will be taken to the Linksys firmware update window. You have the option to allow or disallow automatic updates. Then, hit Next
- Input the WiFi name along with the password
- Hit Next
- Ensure you are connected to the WiFi name
- Return to the setup page
- Hit Next
- You are required to input the router password. You can do it in the field of Create a router password.
- Hit Next
- You will see the message- Your router is set up!
How to Login to Linksys Router?
With the help of any Internet browser, users are able to log in to their router. With the help of this, you can get Linksys router configuration. In addition, you will be able to access the Internet without any problem. Use thse steps to know how to log onto Linksys router:
- The first step is connecting the system or device to the network.
- You need to input ‘192.168.1.1’.
- The next step is to input login credentials in the respective fields. You must note that the Linksys router default password is ‘admin’.
- Hit the option of ‘login’.
All about Linksys Router Extender Setup
Linksys router extender is known to extend the range of routers. Using an extender is a valuable option as it allows connecting more number of devices to a router. The company makes and sells range extenders along with routers. Use these steps to setup the Linksys router extender:
- The first step is to turn the extender on.
- For this purpose, plug it into the power source.
- Then, you need to open the computer and hit the ‘wireless’ icon.
- Hit ‘available’ networks.
- Next, connect it to the extender.
- Hit ‘Linksys extender setup’
- Open the network.
- You will be taken to the ‘Linksys extender’ page.
- Alternatively, you have the option to go to ‘https://www.extender.linksys.com/’.
- Use the onscreen details to complete the process.
- Select your preferred language.
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Hit the option of ‘next’.
- Then, hit ‘network’ of the WiFi.
- Input the router password
- Hit the option of ‘next’.
- Hit ‘next’
- Save all the settings.
- Reboot the Linksys extender.
- Plug the range extender near the router.
- Access the Internet on multiple devices simultaneously.
Linksys Customer Support Numbers Official
If the users are seeking the official Linksys phone number, check this section. You can use these numbers that have been obtained from the resources present on the web. You are required to check the authenticity of these numbers as the real manufacturer can change numbers without any notice. Use these official support options for resolving all your concerns related to Linksys.
|Linksys Customer Service Number||1 800-546-5797|
|Linksys Support Number UK||02 030 274 625|
|Linksys Technical Support Number USA||800-326-7114|
|Linksys Live Chat Support||https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=155198|
|Linksys Office Number||(949) 270-8500|
|Linksys Customer Service Number Canada||1-800-546-5797|
|Linksys Technical Support Number Canada||(877) 855-6899|
How to reset Linksys router password >> Linksys Routers Reset Help
If users are in doubt that their passwords have been breached by some unknown entity, Linksys routers reset is the best option. There are a variety of reasons for users wanting to know how to reset Linksys router password. A compromised password can result in exposing your network to various security threats. In addition, malware can be transferred to the system, and you wont even know about it. Using the steps mentioned in this section, users can reset the router password in a few minutes. This section is going to inform you about the method to reset the router password. Users must attempt these steps before looking for help elsewhere. We are pretty sure you will not have to wander here and there for resetting Linksys router password.
- Go to the Linksys router setup page with the help of any web browser.
- Use your Linksys credentials to log in.
- Go to the Linksys setup page
- Hit the option of ‘basic’.
- In the given fields, you can modify the password as well as the username.
- Go to the MAC Address Clone page.
- Hit the option of ‘enable radio’.
- Next, choose the option of Clone My PCs’ MAC.
- Hit the option of ‘save settings’.
- Go to the option of ‘status’.
- Locate the IP address.
- Choose the option of ‘reset IP address’.
- Then, hit the option of ‘Renew IP address.’
- In addition, with the help of the DSL Modem, users have the option to change the password. Use the following steps:
- Go to the menu of ‘internet connection’
- You are required to hit the ‘PPPoE’ button.
- Input the password along with the username.
- Next, you need to save the option of ‘save settings’.
- Then, hit the option of ‘wireless’ button.
- Choose the option of ‘basic wireless settings’.
- Then, go to the option of ‘manual’.
- Input the name of the network
- Save the name by choosing the option of ‘save settings’.
- The last step is to hit ‘connect’ so as to connect to the network.
- Users also have the option of creating the wireless network password with the help of these steps:
- You need to visit the Linksys security page
- Then, you have to create a username along with the password.
- Go with the option of ‘wireless security’.
- Then, select the ‘wireless settings’ tab.
- Choose the option of ‘Manual radio’.
- Go with the option of ‘security mode’
- Choose the ‘security type.’
- Input the desired password in the ‘passphrase’ field.
- The last step is to save all the settings by hitting the option of ‘save settings’.
How to update Linksys Router >> Linksys Router Update Help
Linksys is popular for delivering Linksys router firmware updates for all products. With the help of Linksys router firmware updates, the functionality of routers is observed to be smooth and high. In addition to this, Linksys firmware updates come with advanced features. Another benefit of Linksys router updates is that it helps in fixing different bugs. Thus, Linksys router firmware update is possible with the help of a few steps on a device or system. In case you do not update your firmware, there is a big possibility that you cannot enjoy the enhanced performance of your router. Linksys firmware updates are known to boost the speed of the Internet. For this purpose, use these steps:
- The first step is to locate the model name as well as the number of the router.
- It is generally provided at the backside of your router.
- Go to the Linksys official website
- Choose the link of ‘get Linksys support’.
- From the next window, select your model number.
- Then, you are required to select the ‘download’ tab
- Hit the ‘pointer arrow’ which is placed along with the option of ‘select hardware version’.
- Next, you need to select the ‘Ver.1.0.01’ link
- Hit the option of ‘OK’ for saving the file.
- Locate the Default gateway on the system. Use these steps by following these:
- In the case of Windows:
- In the search box of Windows, input ‘cmd’.
- This will open the command screen on your system
- Input ‘ip/config/all’
- Windows will now list the default gateway.
- In the case of Mac:
- Go to the ‘apple’ icon
- Hit ‘advanced’ settings
- Go with the option of ‘TCP/IP’.
- Locate the gateway and input it from the option of ‘network’.
- In the case of Windows:
- When the command screen opens, input ‘ip/config/all’.
- The IP details will list the gateway.
- You are required to back up the router settings by using these steps:
- Go with the option of ‘administration’
- Hit the option of ‘configuration management.’
- Choose the option of ‘Back Up’
- The ‘config.bin’ file has to be saved on the hard disk.
- You need to get a Linksys router firmware update via these steps:
- Go to the option of ‘administration’
- In the next step, you need to go with the option of ‘firmware Update.’
- Then, you must hit the option of ‘browse’.
- Locate the downloaded file on the system.
- Hit ‘update’
- Let the process get completed.
Fixing the Linksys Router Not Working >> Linksys Router Troubleshooting
If Linksys router not working troubles you, this section is for you. It is highly frustrating for users when they experience router challenges. Thus, this guide has been developed to fix your issues and let you access the Internet. It is widely known that Linksys routers are excellent when it comes to performance along with functionality. However, there still can be issues with the router. For example, the router may not work correctly, or there can be an error with your wireless connection. In addition, there can be malware disrupting your experience. However, if you follow these steps, you can easily fix such glitches.
- The initial step is to make sure that your system and router are switched on. The green link must link on the router.
- You need to make sure all the connections are correct. They must work properly.
- In addition, you must make sure that the router has the same WEP settings and SSID as the other devices.
- You need to ensure that SSID and WEP are the same as the other devices.
- The cabling network must be away from fluorescent lighting, uninterruptable power supply, electro-magnet passages, and power outlets.
- You need to update the firmware.
- Reset the router if required.
Linksys Support from Us
Linksys routers come with their own exceptional features. Nevertheless, you may still face challenges in operating the device. We know that not all users are good with technical products. Thus, this troubleshooting guide is an attempt to make your life easier. There are solutions for the most common Linksys queries. Users can apply them, and all their issues will be resolved. If you are not able to apply the steps mentioned in this guide, you also have the option to contact the number given on this page. It will connect you with an independent third-party Linksys routers support executive who will help you solve your Linksys routers problems. This number has been offered to support users to reach third-party support easily. The independent third-party executives are extremely customer-oriented and talented. They are going to assist you in case of router concerns via the number given on this web page.